Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 293 - Lowbrow Memoirs

May 28th, 2010

I'd like to pride myself in creating comedy that has a cerebral element. But in my effort to be truthful to my readers(and myself), it's only fair that I admit of my time when my humor skewed toward the spectrum of the lowbrow.

I was young. I needed the money. But didn't get any.

Luckily, my (real or perceived) matured wisdom has steered me away from material which conjures up the following:

- lacking in refinement
- uncultivated taste
- devoid of any intelligence
- sub-standard
- appealing to the absolute lowest common denominator

I've created my 365 day blog entry challenge as a home for ALL my work to live. Some place to call its own.

I'm a bit shamed to show these video vignettes to you...but I will step out of my comfort zone and invite you to view some footage of a time when I would have benefited from striving for material that wouldn't have threatened my sense of dignity.

Oh what a journey it's been.

On day 88, I revealed the following, " In 1999, Gia McGinley and I wrote a sketch called "Gynecology by Candlelight". The premise was based around Dr. Harold Finger, a gynecologist who uses a soothing touch and a gentle probe to give his patients the attention that they deserve. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2479/gynecology-by-candlelight-from-rash-behaviour

Don't judge me. To my face.

On day 69, my blog entry was my 2003 sketch, "Die Bitch Die!". This "gem" was a spin on (that "new" reality show)"American Idol". However, in my twisted version, the winner got to be put to death...on live television. The video has surfaced. Sigh... http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=12769899

I beg. Don't scold. FYI, you should be aware that the televised sketch comedy troupe, "The Whitest Kids You Know", just aired something so similar to my seven year old sketch that I should take the high road and let go of my high octane frustration. I have not.

No comments:

Post a Comment