May 21st, 2010
I was curious why bad things happen in 3's and my aunt, Ruth Kabat Thomas, explained, "It's a long story...it starts out with a priest, a rabbi and a hooker..."
Certain populations can argue that very good things can happen in 3's.
- Devout Christians seem to have an affinity for the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost.
- Sexually experimental people are probably in the Facebook group, "Fan of Threesomes".
- As far as I'm concerned, I find comfort in triplets. There's always the obligatory evil twin...but I've never crossed paths with an evil triplet.
According to Pythagoras, the Ionian Greek philosopher and founder of the religious movement called Pythagoreanism, 3 was the noblest of all digits.
Dare I say that three times is indeed a charm and "this odd" number between 2 and 4 isn't odd at all...just misunderstood.
- In mathematics, three is the first odd prime number.
- In science, genetic information is encoded in a triplet codon system.
- In television, the Brady's had 3 girls and 3 boys. In one bathroom.
Three, don't let other numbers bully you into thinking that you're lesser than. Just remember that every number has baggage:
1 - German singer Nena had only a one hit wonder song ..and it was weird. “99 Luft Balloons”
2 - Number two is code for the waste product from our digestive tract expelled through the anus. Enough said.
4 - There were Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in the New Testament. My Christian friends tell me they were uncool.
5 - Number five is the atomic number for Boron, What the hell is Boron? That's right number three... not the sexiest of elements."
6 - The Six-Day War of June 5–10, 1967 was a war between Israel and the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. Fun? I don't think so.
7 - Lucky number? Not if you were at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
8 - Larry king ...eight marriages.
9 - There are nine Starbucks on my block.
10 - If you took American history, it's safe to assume that it did not end pretty for the "Ten Little Indians".
So three, if anyone jabs you with "bad things happen in threes" ...just remember that a lot of mediocre things happen in bulk.