July 30th, 2010
On day 158 of my 365 day blog challenge, I wrote an entry called “Jew, Not-a-Jew or Canadian?” I gave you scenarios and asked you which of these three categories the examples fell under.(http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/01/day-158-jew-not-jew-or-canadian.html.) On day 166, I brought to you another list to test your knowledge of 3 interchangeable people: Bill O’Reilly, Kanye West and Mother Teresa. (http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/01/day-166-bill-oreilly-kanye-west-or.html.) Determining if you were celebrating Passover, Easter or The Festival of Steve Guttenberg was where we journeyed on Day 235(http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010_03_01_archive.html.) And just because I was curious, on Day 243, I needed to know if you had the Fear of Failure, Abandonment or Zombies? (http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/04/day-243-fear-of-failure-abandonment-or.html.) On day 253, I had you determine if you were suffering from penis panic, vagina fervor or Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo( http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/04/day-253-penis-panic-vagina-fervor-or.html)and on day 282, I proposed that you ask your soul if it comes from a place of Schadenfreude, Mudita or Indifference (http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/05/day-282-schadenfreude-mudita-or.html) and on day 332, you admitted that you would most likely die from a heatwave, old age or douchebaggery(http://jacquelinekabat.blogspot.com/2010/07/day-332-heatwave-old-age-or.html.)
Today, I'd like us to take responsibility for our words and actions. Self constructive criticism is no easy task...but my blog is a safe place. I've seen undesirable behavior in myself, people close to me and random strangers on the street. Let's own up to our behavior and admit if we glide(or pillage) through life as a person who is accountable, not accountable or Count von Count( often known simply as the The Count, vampire-like Muppet on "Sesame Street".)
- Your tendency not to own your actions and blame others for your own shortcomings has resulted with you being typed cast as "The Victim" in all the community theater plays.
- You're made of felt.
- You're Jerry Orbach (in "Dirty Dancing") apologizing to Johnny Castle when you realize you wrongly assumed Johnny was the one who got Penny pregnant. You fess up and admit, “When I’m wrong, I say I’m wrong.”
- In high school, you were voted "Most likely to be responsible, answerable and liable."
- Your ex-ray shows that you have a human arm up your torso and a hand operating your mouth.
- You've been known to say, "I prefer to follow the moral codes of Hitler, Stalin and Hannibal Lecter."
- At your office, you ate your co worker's leftover Ziti al Forno from the Olive Garden. When asked if you were the perpetrator, you casually respond, "Oh yeah..that was me."
- You have a compulsive love of counting and will count anything and everything, regardless of size, amount or how much annoyance you cause others around you.
- Your Match.com profile says, I pride my self in my culinary skills, athletic abilities and making others feel like they're the ones that are crazy, lost, upset, confused and a litany of other emotions, when in actuality I'm the one who feels these emotions. Also, I love to para-sail!