June 26th, 2010
I'm not proud to admit that my website, www.jacquelinekabat.com, hasn't been updated in over a year. I bartered with a former student of mine. He created my site and I provided him free improv classes. Over the last four years, he's been kind enough to make updates for me... but alas... he simply doesn't have the time(or interest) any longer(something about him having a life...and a wife.) Understood.
I'm having some angst about my website being revamped-negative for a few reasons:
1) My bio and workshop info needs updating.
2) My pictures could be more current.
3) And it kills me that the following sentence still lingers on my site(in regards to my corporate and "Humor for Health" workshops): "I know what it takes to deliver an experience that is low on stress and high on fun." I cringe at the literary content of the exaggeration of that lamely executed claim(even if it is true.) Who was writing my copy in 2006? I was? I am ashamed. Hold me. Never let me go.
I'm in the process of brainstorming some changes I'd like to see on my website.
1) My bio will now include that I won the biggest trophy on the Starmount Country Club swim team when I was seven (for having the best attitude), my dreams are in high definition and I'm prone to bladder infections.
2) New pictures for you to look forward to. You'll see photos of me:
- In a unitard ...at a unitard convention.
- With a boa constrictor wrapped around my throat at an Olive Garden in South America.
- Wearing a "smart" gap khaki woman's blazer. A stylish wardrobe staple that's lean, tailored, and above all, flattering. A real classic.
3) On my site, I plan to include the following guarantees:
- You can trust me...because I have a URL.
- Should you decide to take a workshop with me, I promise to memorize your credit card number (along with your mother's maiden name and the 3 numbers on the back.)
-And rest assured y'all.... "I know what it takes to deliver an experience that is low on stress and high on rubber cement."