Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 301 - Eau de Jax

June 5th, 2010

Last night, my group of ladies met our guy friends at a new Brooklyn bar in Park Slope, The Rock Shop. On this 82 degree-ed humid eve, we perused up to the spaciously impressive roof deck and found our males all sitting with their legs on the benches. Straddled. I told them they looked like a commercial for balls. My friend Paul followed up with. "It smells like low tide."

The above scenario took my thought process to this place: The human species spritz themselves with perfumes and colognes with the hopes of diffusing a delightful fragrant odor. Sometimes flowery. Sometimes musky. Often alluring pheromones in a bottle.

Derek Zoolander agrees. With his cologne(and as a merman), he wistfully swims up to the screen and shares with the world that "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

Fragrances have long been reliable parody inspirerers. SNL gave us Canis -" Cologne for Dogs" and Hey, You - "The perfume for one night stands."

These flower based(or synthetic) liquids have sparked my entrepreneurial spirit, After the success of my first 2 businesses, Baby Doo Rags. For Babies. In Baby Gangs AND Jax's Nail Saloon(where the mani/pedis are given by untrained drunk Korean women), I'd like to have my own perfume, Eau de Jax.

My product(soon to hit cheap drugstore shelves) is a story of seduction, intensity and bold sensuality that lies half-way between restraint and abandon. The bright feminine freshness combines sophistication and nonchalance for a deep, mysterious and sensual fragrance. A structure of contrasting forces.

It's also a mouthwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment