June 16th, 2010
I threw out the following question to you: When I was young my brother's "recorder" was passed down to me...with teeth marks. When else is sharing bad?
Spare a square? Stall to stall communications is frowned upon. - Brian Levy, Dallas, Texas
There was a Dixie cup commercial years back that greatly disturbed me...The mother said "I don't mind my kids sharing a toothbrush...but a cup? That's just unsanitary" - Pete Schwinge, Brooklyn, New York
Needles and profos - Ted Kim, Menlo Park/San Mateo/Purgatory, California
I shared bathes with my brother 'till he sent out a floater. - Clyde Henriques, Brooklyn, New York
Some other scenarios where I must express disapproval and opposition to the act of sharing:
- BP and any body of water should not share space. Even in a bathtub.
- Courtney Love should not share beauty tips.
- Sarah Palin should not share her opinions.
- Sexually promiscuous types should not share their genital warts.
- Joan Rivers should not share her plastic surgeon.
- Oprah should not share a couch with Tom cruise. She will be injured.
- Expectant mothers should not share their sonograms. On Facebook.
- Madonna need not share her British accent.
- Prisoners should not share soap.
All I plead is just use your discretion when you are bombarded with public service announcements that preach, "Sharing is Caring."
Often "Sharing is Overbearing." Unless I do it.