Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 320 - Ritalin + Nasal Passages

Day 320 - Ritalin + Nasal Passages

June 24th, 2010

For my entries on day 292 and day 303("Be the Man Your Mom Is" and "Turducken Killed the Meat Making Star"), I perused my virtual network's Facebook status updates and mentioned the ones that reached me the most in the heart area. I declare today, day 320 of my 365 day blog entry challenge, part three of dissecting the updates that I found most inspiring. Touching. Perplexing.

Today's picks:

Facebook Update: Margarita's make me smile. :) <-----see (that's me)

Jax's Thoughts: Margarita's make me smile too. Emoticons...not so much. If a smiley emoticon and a frowning emoticon were to breed...I assume the result would be a neutral expression. That's the best I got. Emoticons are dicks.


Facebook Update - I should probably be on Ritalin.

Jax's Thoughts: I've only had one run in with this psycho-stimulant drug. College. Senior year. For a radio production class, we had a group assignment to produce a radio show based on a fairy tale of our choice. We brainstormed this assignment in my apartment and a classmate (with an uncanny resemblance to the lovechild of Ichabod Crane and Mr. Burns) suggested that we do a line of Ritalin. While he was crushing the white tablet for snorting capabilities, I convinced myself to participate by telling myself, "Succumbing to peer pressure really is just a special way of letting enablers know that you appreciate their willingness to assist your life going in a downward spiral." Although this incident was isolated, it did inspire a final result that I recall fondly: "Little Red. Rider in The Hood". Our modern day creation involved Little Red acting as a drug liaison between mom and grandma. Then I vacuumed for three hours.


Facebook Update: Happy Gay Pride!

Jax's Thoughts: And a Happy Straight Shame!


Facebook Update: Ah ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY GERMANY!!!!!!!

Jax's Thoughts: OK to say at the World Cup in 2010. Not well received when screamed in Europe in 1945.


Facebook Update: I am disgusted and appalled at many so called "friends" around me. Apparently, even when facts and stories are untrue, info is not shared by all nor revealed to those of that focus, but used against one to cause rifts. Trust is such a dirty word... And not in my top ten right now.

Jax's Thoughts - I like kittens. Especially Persians.

No comments:

Post a Comment