Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 256– Ask Jax - Part 10

April 21st, 2010

This is the 10th installment of my "Ask Jax" series. I'm open to answering any of your pressing inquiries. Any topic. I can't guarantee instant publication, but I will hold onto all questions and attempt to answer them at some point during my 365 day blog entry challenge. Remember there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who ask questions.

What would Facebook be like in three dimensions? - Edward A. Sotelo – Cleveland, Ohio

Jax’s Answer – My initial reaction is synonymous to when a limber Kevin Bacon in “Footloose” was informed that dancing was illegal in his town. His response was a distraught “Jump back!” On a similar note, three dimensional Facebook would be... not good. We use this virtual addictive time waster to steer clear of legitimate contact at all costs. 3D capacities would unquestionably take away from what we love about Facebook to begin with: Putting forth the thought. But not the effort


Now that I’m older, is it OK to talk to strangers? - Jason Maxham, Chicago, Illinois

I felt it was best to contact, songwriter, musician and actor, Rick Springfield, to give you the answer…that you deserve. Over a soy latte, Rick sang the chorus of his 1982 hit “Don’t Talk to Strangers” while I kept interrupting.

Rick -Don't talk to strangers, baby don't you talk

Jax -When you say baby...I assume you’re referring to Jason Maxham of Chicago, Illinois.

Rick - Don't talk to strangers, You know he'll only use you up

Jax: You’re Australian Rick? How come you don’t sound like it when you sing?

Rick -Don't talk, don't talk, don't talk

Jax - Jason of Chicago loved your work as Dr. Noah Drake on “General Hospital”.

Rick - Don't talk, don't talk to him

Jax - OK Rick .You’re just being repetitive, annoying and a bit off key. Just get to the point.

Rick - Nobody, talk, nobody, ever told you, don't talk

Jax - I digress. OK, Rick. So nobody should talk to strangers? OK. Jason and I will take your cue. Can we have sex now?


Is it still acceptable that a man NOT know his way around the kitchen? - Sepia Prince, Bayonne, New Jersey

The only time it is acceptable for a man to be unfamiliar with the ways of the kitchen is if he’s Lionel Richie in the “Hello” video. Ladies, in an act of sympathy, I suggest sculpting Lionel’s head. Naysayers will say that it is simply too complicated to achieve the subtle nuisances of the Jheri curl. Just remember: If you dream it…you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment