Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 136- Shawarma Pizza

December 22nd, 2009

Last night I ate at Zaytoons, a small Brooklyn neighborhood BYOB Middle Eastern restaurant. My companion (that word makes me feel British for reasons unknown) and I ended up ordering the highly recommended Shawarma Pizza. I can assure you this union was a carnival in my mouth and will most likely prove to be an explosion in my digestive system at some point today. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. I imagine that the conceptualization of combining these two succulent delectable delights joined forces by accident or with the aid of some higher power that has no patience for vegetarians and vegans.

Let’s write this. Shall we? The scene takes place in Turkey because it’s betweenish Italy and the Middle Eastern countries. Two men are rounding separate corners. Luigi is eating pizza and Akbar is eating Shawarma. They collide and the dialogue is as follows:

Luigi - Hey! You stuck your sandwich-like wrap of shaved lamb, goat, chicken, turkey, beef, and other halal mixtures of meats in my oven-baked round bread covered with a tomato-based sauce and cheese!

Akbar – No! You stuck your oven-baked round bread covered with a tomato-based sauce and cheese in my sandwich-like wrap of shaved lamb, goat, chicken, turkey, beef, and other halal mixtures of meats!

Then the light bulb went off and I shamelessly devoured that light bulb last night. Because as we know, even if I get fat…I have a great personality.

Below are a few other great unions in history that really gained momentum when combining their best of attributes and joined forces for a common purpose. Standing on their own..they’re just…eh…

Men in power and infidelity

Reality shows and idiots

Bed & Bed AND Beyond

Canines and ass sniffing

Clippy the pompous somersaulting Microsoft Word paperclip showing up against
my will and makes me feel bad about myself

Codependents and codependents

Drunkenness and bad decision making with lack of accountability

Truckers and hemorrhoids

Crest whitening strips and Joe Biden

Tom cruise and intergalactic confederacies

Russian women and waxing

Cosmopolitans and girl who still watch “Sex and the City”

Gay men and jazz hands

No comments:

Post a Comment