Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 223 - Ask Jax - Part 5

March 19th, 2010

This is the fifth installment of my "Ask Jax" series. I'm open to answering any of your pressing inquiries. Any topic. I can't guarantee instant publication, but I will hold onto all questions and attempt to answer them at some point during my 365 day blog entry challenge. Remember there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people who ask questions.

If someone with a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation? - Brian M. Levy, Dallas, Texas

Jax’s Answer: Let’s hope so because this could be a gripping movie premise. But only if this individual has multiple personalities because we need to cast a third personality as the super cool hostage negotiator. Played by Ray Liotta. He would gain the trust of the perpetrator personality by being really handsome and, after a lengthy standoff, winning the heart of the hostage taker by supplying a peace offering pizza. Extra cheese.


Have you had Reiki done? Did it work? - Page Newsom, Pelphrey, Guilford, Connecticut

Jax’s Answer – Two years ago, I did receive Reiki by a healer named Grey Wolf when I was teaching a comedy improv workshop in San Miguel, Mexico. I experienced some relief from this alternative technique where practitioners are transferring "healing energy" through their palms. I’ve been told I’m “energy sensitive,” and I absolutely felt that the Reiki master had accomplished clearing some negative energy that was not serving me. However, this practice involves little to no touch. When I desire to keep my chakras aligned, I’d prefer to pay for a Swedish massage, acupuncture or sex.


Where is my husband? - Julie Trell, San Francisco, California

Jax’s Answer: If you’re single, he’s in your mind’s eye. If you’re married, he’s in Pittsburgh. With a hooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment