Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 218 - “Nnnnnnnn”

March 14th, 2010

I was in the shower(applying a deep moisturizing conditioner )and it occurred to me that a large portion of my readers might not know what I do when I’m not working on this 365 blog entry challenge. I don’t just watch “Law and order.” While eating blocks of cheese.

I want to share my bio with you so we can deepen our relationship and take it to the next level. Create some intimacy perhaps.

“Manhattan based comedian, Jacqueline Kabat, has been involved in all aspects of stand-up comedy, improvisation and sketch writing since 1997. She has studied written for and performed with Second City's Ann Bowen and with Saturday Night Live's Amy Poehler while with the Upright Citizens Brigades. She had the opportunity to work with Sex in the City's Mario Cantone while warming up studio audiences at ABC Studios. Jacqueline currently can be seen MC'ing shows and doing stand-up comedy at popular New York clubs like Gotham Comedy Club, Comix and Caroline’s on Broadway. She performed with New York-based improv troupe, Rash Behaviour, whose sketches have won awards in film festivals and can be seen on the Independent Film Channel. Jacqueline has also written for Time Out New York and was featured in Body and Soul Magazine’s October 2007 issue in an article about the healing power of comedy improvisation. She teaches improv at theaters in Manhattan, Fortune 500 corporations, medical centers and high-end destinations spas around the world. She has MC'd corporate events and has done comedy improv team building workshops with companies such as Bank of America, Procter & Gamble, Southwest Airlines and McGraw Hill. Jacqueline has also worked with guests and clients at MD Anderson Cancer Research Center, the Deepak Chopra Center, Lake Austin Spa & Resort, Cal-a-Vie and the Omega Institute.”

So that's what I do when I’m not typing (too hard) on my Hewlett Packard. The paint from the N key has disappeared which makes typing my favorite word “Nnnnnnnn” rather challenging.

I've been invited to teach at the Omega Institute’s Arts Week from July 11th to 16th in Rhinebeck, New York. http://eomega.org/omega/workshops/142f88fa876a0a79361da617418cefa3/

Feel free to come and participate. We can share a latté. With soy milk.

What I love about these workshops is that it verifies that everyone is an artist. Just, sometimes, we need to be reminded of that. I want to remind you of that. Yes. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment