Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 207 - Don't Say That. Ever

March 3rd, 2010

I’m a woman of words. I like them. These “words" keep showing up in my life...in my writing, in my speaking and in my heart. I try my best to choose my words carefully because I am quite aware that I will have a lifetime relationship with them.

Sometimes I see words and words strung together (you might know them as phrases, clauses and sentences) that are so gut wretchedly annoying that I' rather scratch my fingernails on a chalk board while chewing on tin foil. While I'm on fire.

I will dare to disagree with "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." When particular words and groupings of words enter my listening space (uninvited)…emotional, physical and spiritual discomfort encompasses my soul.

Here are Jax's Top 10 annoying things to be heard and should be exiled to the Island of Elba.
Like Napoleon.


1) Think of the Children
- Are the children thinking of me?

2) “Cougar”
-Would Jewish women be Jewgars?

3) “Just kidding”, “No offense” and "I'm just honest”
- You’re not kidding, you did mean offense and the honest excuse is a weak attempt at a save . You put it out there, it was mean and now we’re seeing something inside of you that deliberately tries to make people feel bad. Unfortunate character trait. Note to self.

4) “Wuzzup!”
-Mildly funny for 15 minutes in 2001. Not now.

5) “Totes”
- If you say this, I will never be friends with you. Ever.

6)“Going Green”
- My blog is going green.

7) “Consultant”
- This is the import/export career of the 2000’s.

8) “TMI”
- No..no no. There is never such thing as too much information. TMI is said after something scandalous, dirty and is always the beginning of a story that I want to hear to the end. You do too. Admit it. NEIKIC – Not enough information. Keep it coming.

9) “Sorry but (fill in the blank)”
- This means I didn’t get what I wanted for some reason. That makes me sad.

10) “It's Not Rocket Science”
-This is seldom uttered by rocket scientists.

No comments:

Post a Comment