Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 180 - Zombie Attack Safety Guide

February 4th, 2010

Yesterday I was sitting at the bar at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse in Grand Central Station with my friend Robin. My cousin Gail passed away a few years ago and Robin was her best friend from college. We have developed a friendship and meet up periodically and talk about memories of Gail, how comically different our lives are (Robin is married with 3 daughters living in Westport, Connecticut) and whatever other topics seem appropriate at the time.

The whole world of blogging entered our conversation. She told me of a woman (busy with wife and mother duties) who committed to reading a book once a day for a year and writing about it. Everyday.Single. Day. She got a book deal. This blew me away as I am a slow reader and can’t even fathom such a personal challenge. It has come to my attention that a lot of blogs that are getting attention are yearlong projects that are very specific challenges. We had Julie Powell, who aspired to cook all 524 recipes from Julia Child's “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” during a single year, we have our reading savant and then of course we have me with my 365 day blog entry challenge of cosmic angst through the eyes of comedic insight. I vacillate whether my subject matter is too broad even though I do feel that every entry is “angsty” and comic-esque.

As I approach my half way point, it has occurred to me that this year will actually end and my project will be complete. I’ve asked myself if I should be planning another yearlong project with a very specific endeavor that has not yet been tapped into.

Here are some thoughts for the theme of my next 365 day blog challenge. I am also open to your suggestions. Every day I will do one of the following. And write about it.

• Visit an inmate in a high security prison

• Wax a different body part

• Have sex with a stranger

• Have sex with myself

• Come up with a safety tip to protect us against the zombie attack

• Build a robot. With my feet.

• When asked if I want a larger popcorn at the movie theater..my reply, "Yes yes..a thousand times yes!”

• Chest bump an elderly person

• Try a different hallucinogenic drug

• Break into interpretive dance at inappropriate places and times while wearing a spandex body suit and appear to be catching an imaginary butterfly

• Get trapped in wells around the world

• Watch a Kevin Bacon movie

• Send a ransom note

• Go up to a fat person eating and say, “A moment on the lips an eternity on the hips.”

No comments:

Post a Comment