Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 2 - The Mind of a Guy's Girl

August 10th, 2009

I am without a doubt a guy's girl. Maybe just because I spent so many of my childhood weekends with my dad and my brother..laughing. There were many weekends of taking random field trips and watching Animal House on the beta max in the basement. My dad might be the funniest person I know. He looks like a cross between Jay Leno and Steve Martin and has this dry acerbic wit that can often offend those of the less cerebral nature. My brother possesses more of that slap stick grandpa humor. It’s actually pretty adorable. He is also a big talker so if I wanted to be heard I had to be quick.

So yeah. I love hanging with you guys. I cringe at the thought of hanging with the giggly girls who drink appletinis , watch Grey’s Anatomy and sing along to “I will Survive”. With men, there is more opportunity to have a battle of the wits, not get into the heavy stuff and tell people I love them..but not really mean it. Strange thing is, I have tons of girl friends who feel the same way and ironically, we can hang like guys. I am blessed. Side note, just because a woman likes hanging with the guys..doesn’t make her a lesbian. I like men and I like men like men. Plus, I certainly am aware that I do not give off a lesbian vibe. However, knowing that there could always be a tampon around does glamorize being with a woman. Just a little.

In the meantime, I just want to salute you testosterone heavy friends of mine for accepting me into your circle. I can repay you by being a kick ass wing woman. Now let’s chest bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment